Am 10.05.2017 um 02:27 schrieb Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de>:

> El 08.05.2017 a las 16:42, Scott Kostyshak escribió:
>
>> On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 06:39:38PM +1200, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
>
>>> alpha1-1 installed on windows 7. I can't remember if preferences are
>>> supposed to migrate on a major release.
>
> They won't be migrated. The idea is to be able to run major versions side by
> side. This way you can check our LyX 2.3.x as long as you want and can go
> back to LyX 2.2.x if you encounter problems.

On Mac the preferences are in a separate directory for every major release too.
2014 I added the feature to create a copy of previous major releases
automatically if they’re present as first step of the configure process. Not
all developers were friends of this change - so I made it limited to platform
darwin (Mac OS X). If you’re interested in doing likewise on Windows too it
shouldn’t be impossible. That way the old major release and the new one exists
in parallel - exactly the same as without the additional copy step.

Stephan