Le 15/05/2017 à 01:01, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 03:53:08PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:48:05AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 21/04/2017 à 05:50, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
Should we have a keyboard shortcut for document settings, as proposed at

  http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10400

?

There is a proposal to use ctrl + p, which is now free because we got
rid of print.

I agree a shortcut would be nice. I have mixed feelings about the
particular shortcut ctrl + p, but I don't have another suggestion.

Ctrl+P is assigned to Print in most applications. I would rather re-use it
for View (default), which would become some print preview. However, I would
not say that Cttrl+R is a good shortcut for document settings, but Ctrl+P is
not either (unless we thin of settings as properties).

We should figure out which reasonable shortcuts are free.

As for using Ctrl + P for View (default), what is the smoothest way we
should make that transition?

idea 1.
unbind Ctrl + R and bind Ctrl + P and expect user complaints of broken
LyX.

idea 2.
For 2.3.0, bind both Ctrl + R and ctrl + P to View (default) and put a note
that Ctrl +
R will be deprecated in favor of Ctrl + P in 2.4.0?
We could put the note in the release notes and the messages pane, each
time a user tries to do Ctrl + R. Of course, few will read the release
notes and few will have the messages pane open, but at least in 2.4.0 we
can say "we warned you this would happen".

idea 3.
For 2.3.x we can bind Ctrl + R to a warning that pops up that says the new key
binding for View (default) is Ctrl + P.

Am I thinking too much about this?

I do not see an opportunity to change the existing shortcut Ctrl+R.

The denotation of an accelerator has to be accidental. In French it is "Paramètres", which fits with Ctrl+P.