> > PS. Should we create a Trac issue for this, to help remember we need to
> fix it in the future?
>
> I don’t need a ticket for it, the compiler is nagging every time I build
> LyX :)

It's fine by me. In case you wondered, some reasons I thought of creating
an issue:

- gives background, eg why we get the warning which someone else might
wonder about in the future

- is the warning "bad"? (answer: not at the moment, does not prevent
release)

- gives developers/release manager not on macOS info that the issue exists

- explains why we currently can't switch to the new functions etc

- ...

Anyway, all these aspects are (now) covered by this thread, so eg someone
googling the warning ought to find this.

Cheers,
Christian