On 10/27/2017 01:54 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>> Note that this commit would cause a lot of runs of layout2layout, since
>> the formats of the layout files themselves had not yet been updated.
> Perhaps this is what made it slow for me. So a 2 to 3 second delay
> compared to the previous commit is not surprising?

I've heard of that sort of thing. E.g., people upgrade to some new major
version and their documents open slowly. It turns out that layout2layout
can be quite slow. Just reading article.layout can require opening and
converting several files. If a number of modules are used, then it is
even more files.

Richard