On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 08:07:59PM +0000, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 07:05:12PM +0000, racoon wrote:
>
> > According to the windows task manager there are two latex.exe processes that
> > each constantly take about 50% of my CPU. After half a minute one goes away,
> > which makes my system more responsive. After two minutes the second one goes
> > away as well.
>
> OK good to know.
>
> Scott

(note: bringing this back on the list)

racoon, I'm still curious about this. Are the previews for your inkscape
external materials only generated when it is visible on the screen? Or
are all of the previews generated when you open a document?

Can you send an example file where it takes 8 seconds to open document
settings?

Scott