On 3/02/2018 11:51 a.m., Pavel Sanda wrote:
Pavel Sanda wrote:
commit c19c3899d1b725cb341f6f18e6704a106eb1fc67
Author: Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>
Date:   Fri Feb 2 23:42:56 2018 +0100

     Add LFUN_DOC_ANONYMIZE, quick fix for #7259.
Scott, 2.3.0 or 2.3.1?  Pavel
Dear Pavel,
As far as I can tell (I know no c++) you are replacing all Latin characters with "O". When I first dealt with this problem for my pLyX scripting system I did something similar, but then it occurred to me that a bug might depend on, e.g.,  placement of a footnote or where exactly a page break occurs (perhaps an interaction with a table), and so, for a second attempt at anonymizing a document, I worked on the principle of a "running anagram" which swallowed a certain number of characters at a time, randomized them then reinserted them in the same word pattern. The idea was to try to maintain paragraph length and hence page break positioning. I suspect that's more trouble than it's worth, but the result has a certain charm. In the attached documents anontest1 is the original, anontest2 the anonymized doc., and anontest3 has replaced every letter with an uppercase "O". The last gives a considerably longer document with "words" protruding into the margins. There are a number of "overfull hbox" warnings when compiled to pdf.  Perhaps a lowercase "o" would be better.

Andrew

(The pLyX system doesn't work with 2.3.0 -- presumably something to do with the needauth mechanism -- so I did the anonymizing in 2.2.3.)


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Attachment: anontest1.lyx
Description: application/lyx

Attachment: anontest2.lyx
Description: application/lyx

Attachment: anontest3.lyx
Description: application/lyx

Reply via email to