Am 10.02.2018 um 19:51 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

I'm planning to be more strict now on which bug fixes go in for 2.3.0. I
might prefer that even a simple bug fix not be committed, unless it
fixes an important bug.

Hello Scott,

I agree that the 2.3. branch is stable I used it recently for a larger document. The strange, random Win-only crash is annoying but we cannot do much right now.

I had today a look for potential things that should go in before LyX 2.3.0 and I think
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9139
is worth it.
The feature of pasting from TeX had been broken under Windows for years (maybe since ever) therefore a new major version is the right point to introduce this feature also for Windows users.

I distributed now all changes in the docs and despite there are still things to document I would wait unless you say I should use the time update the docs until the last hour before the release.

regards Uwe