I could successfully build LyX 2.3.0 from the tarball and the installer is ready. Nevertheless there are some issues in CMake that we should consider to change:

- after the compilation I get a subfolder named "LYX_INSTALLED". it contains everything one needs to build the installer, except of two folders:
 ~\LYX_INSTALLED\Resources\dicts
 ~\LYX_INSTALLED\Resources\thes
both folders should be empty (will later be filled when the user installs dictionaries), but they must exist. Currently I create them by myself. In order to avoid problems CMake should create these 2 empty folders automatically.

- the default in CMake for LYX_USE_QT is still Qt4, it should be Qt5

- I set the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and CMake finds then automatically all Qt libraries (see the attached screenshot). It does not find QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE why? On my PC it is here:
C:\Qt\Qt5.9.4\5.9.4\msvc2015\bin

- there are some other settings I don't understand, see the blue boxes in the attached screenshot. So for example ZLIB was found but ZLIB_FOUND is empty. The same is for MYTHES and HUNSPELL. CMake checks for a doxygen executable. Is this really necessary or can this be removed?
What program is "Magic"?
Qt5X11Extras does not exist on Windows. Therefore CMake should not search for it, if this is technically possible.

- in the attached screenshot you also see some CMake warnings. If we can ignore them, then we should use the -Wno-dev flag as suggested by the warning text.

many thanks and regards
Uwe