On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 08:26:17PM +0000, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> If we do not go forward with the release as discussed in the preceding
> paragraph, another question is: should we wait another few days to see
> if we are ready to release the Windows binaries so we can announce
> everything together, or should we announce without the Windows binaries?

I'm still interested in your thoughts on the above. From what I
understand, there are still pending MiKTeX bugs for which we are waiting
for fixes. Releasing now without the Windows binaries would take some
pressure off: We can wait for the MiKTeX bug fixes, produce a new
installer, and get some testing of the installer without rushing and
without delaying the rest of the 2.3.0 release.

On the other hand, of course it is nice to release everything together,
and releasing without Windows binaries might cause some confusion to
users.

What are your thoughts? Has any similar issue come up in the past?

Scott

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to