On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 3:40 PM, <list_em...@icloud.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2018, at 12:11 PM, Joel Kulesza <jkule...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:59 PM, <list_em...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> With LyX 2.3.0rc and Skim on Mac, both forward search and reverse search
>> are failing for me. Didn’t someone fix this not too long ago? It fails
>> whether LyX is in some random location or the supposed default location
>> /Applications/LyX.app.
>>

> Jerry,
>
> If you describe how you've setup Skim to work with LyX, I'll try setting
> it up similarly to test (on Mac).
>
> Note: I'm not a Skim user.
>
> - Joel
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> Uh-oh. I just now made a small test document and both forward and reverse
> search work as expected. However, in a paper originated from the LyX IEEE
> template, it fails. In its forward attempt, Skim is brought to the front
> but nothing else happens—no scrolling to the expected location and no
> highlighting within Skim. (Skim places a red dot at the location for about
> five seconds before it disappears, and also highlights the line.) Reverse
> search from Skim does nothing.
>
> I am working on a deadline for a paper and probably won’t have time to
> develop a minimal example today, and possibly not until the end of the week.
>
> OK—here’s a minimal example. Just open the IEEEtran-Journal.lyx template
> and render it to Skim without modifying it. Behavior is as I describe above.
>
> Jerry

Again, I'm not historically a Skim user; however, setting it up to work as
I'd imagine I do not see the type of behavior I'd expect.  That is, no
scrolling to the location of the LyX cursor within Skim.

If you can describe how you've configured LyX and Skim, I can attempt to
reproduce dys(functionality), but at this point, I see only no
functionality.

- Joel