On 31.03.2018 12:23, racoon wrote:
On 31.03.2018 00:03, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 06:00:06PM +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 20.26.52 WEST racoon wrote:
I'd like to get your take on an enhancement request for changing the
label for footnotes from "foot x" too "fn x". I think the latter is a
much more common abbreviation than the former.

I agree but for me fn remembers FuNction. :-)

My first thought was of "function" also.

Come on, there are so much more FUN abbreviations for function. ;)

Here is some evidence that the abbreviation fn is actually used for footnotes:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=%22see+fn%22&btnG=

Wikipedia uses the fn abbreviation in the code:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Footnotes#Footnotes:_embedding_references

Daniel