Am Sonntag, den 22.04.2018, 15:48 -0400 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
> Could you please give an example (e.g. steps to reproduce a problem
> with the patch)?

AFAIU this would simply overshoot the cprotecting. It would cprotect
each single command that has an environment in its argument, but AFAIU
only some commands need the cprotecting (I suppose those who are not
\long).

Also this strikes me like a strange use of \cprotect. Where did you get
the advise to use it in these cases from?

Jürgen