Am Dienstag, 12. Juni 2018 14:17:02 CEST schrieb Jean-Pierre Chrétien
<jeanpierre.chret...@free.fr>:
> Le 12/06/2018 à 12:13, Kornel Benko a écrit :
> > We are requesting aastex6.cls, but this is not provided by TL18.
> >
> > Instead there exists aastex62.cls (version 6.2 instead of version 6.0).
> >
> > Looks like we need some general solution to be able to use existing .cls
> > file :(
>
> When the new class has a different name, we can manage as described in
> section
> 3.3 of Development.lyx.
>
> We should review of course the layout, there are some improvements in the new
> class. The big change in the aastex class came with aastex6.cls however, I do
> not know if we rewrote completely the template at the time. In addition, I
> guess
> they started a numeric naming of classes, there existed an aastex61.cls file
> between Oct. 2018 and Jan. 2018, which apparently did not get in TeXLive 2017.
>
> We could move templates/aastex6.lyx to templates/obsolete/.

I do not favor this. Because TL18 may come much later for most distros.

> Would this be enough? Maybe obsolete is not correct there (used for classes
> which are not in use anymore). What about a 'deprecated' directory ?

I had something like regular expression in mind. For instance in aastex6.layout
we could have

#\DeclareLaTeXClass[aastex6[12]?,amssymb.sty,latexsym.sty,natbib.sty,verbatim.sty]{American
 Astronomical Society (AASTeX v. 6)}

        Kornel