Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2018 14:35:26 CEST schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 09:25:34AM +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> > On Saturday, 16 June 2018 07.15.33 WEST Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > > To create \hat, we have a keybinding alt+m, h. I propose the following
> > > bindings (patch attached):
> > >
> > >   - alt + m, H -> \widehat
> > >   - alt + m, t -> \tilde
> >
> > This seems to be taken by
> > M-m t ? -> math-mutate <something>
>
> Ah yes good catch.
>
> > No?
> >
> > I am not sure this a problem, I am just raising the issue. :-)
>
> I think it is a problem. At least, it would require a lot more thought,
> so I retract the change to alt + m, t.
>
> > >   - alt + m, T -> \widetilde
> > >   - alt + m, ~ -> \tilde
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Scott
> >
> > This seems reasonable
>
> Since remapping alt + m, t has issues as above, probably mapping T to
> \widetilde is not as useful/consistent. So for now I'll just propose the
> following:
>
>   H -> \widehat
>   ~ -> \tilde
>
> Thanks for taking a look, José.
>
> Scott

It seems to not work as expected here.
Now I get \widehat even if I want \hat.
The math-dialog shows for both the keybindings
hat [Alt+M H]
widehat [Alt+M H]

The settings in .lyx/math.bind are set to
\bind "M-m ~S-H"       "math-insert \widehat
\bind "M-m h"              "math-insert \hat

It doesn't make difference if using 'H' or 'h'.

        Kornel