Hi developers,

I hope you're well.  First off, I love LyX.  Thanks for the work you do to
make it so easy to use and powerful.

My question/comment is about beamer.layout.  I think the field "NoteItem" is
a little problematic.  \note[item] should be used in a list environment
(enumerate, itemize etc).  If I am already in such an environment,
requesting a NoteItem environment from the dropdown menu closes the list
environment, which means NoteItem is no longer appropriate.  I think the
field should be just "Note" and the argument [item] dropped from the
definition.  Now the list environment can end appropriately and
\note{content} will move outside of the frame environment.

If there is another use case for NoteItem, I'm happy to be mistaken.  Either
way, thanks again for your work,

Enrico