Le 27/08/2018 à 16:32, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 09:50:52AM +0200, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:

Sorry for the noise, I must have run 'make clean' after installation of the
2.2.4 executable, as the job was done and lyx-2.2.4 not prone to
reinstallation.

I forget, what is your distro?

Debian Stretch

I will give the following advice before Kornel does (which he helped me
realize the benefit of). When you compile LyX, it might be helpful for
you to create a .deb and then install that with dpkg. Then your package
manager handles things. If you are interested, we can give very simple
instructions.

I have the instructions for cmake, I guess. But it's not necessary for me to go to the .deb package. I compile the sub-releases to be up to date for lyx work, and I keep the last version of the preceding release (the 2.2.4 was here for that sake). And for the devel 2.3.x and master branches, I have a procedure to compile in a separate directory which I am accustomed to.

Thanks for your help.

--
Jean-Pierre