When starting LyX, it becomes unresponsive for over 40 seconds because I have a couple of (probably complex) documents open on the session and my computer isn't the fastest.

I think it would be preferable to show something that lets the user know that everything is fine and what LyX is doing. Something like a splash screen instead of an unresponsive window. I know that it would be better to get LyX start faster instead but I guess there are limits and also in the meanwhile a splash screen seems preferable to me.

Daniel