On 09/09/2018 01:35, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
As mentioned previously, I am not going to build a "bundled" installer
for 2.3.1. Indeed, I have removed the 'bundle' code from the installer
at 8c32a1a7 and removed the bundled installer for 2.3.0 from the
downloads page. I've added language instructing people to install a TeX
distribution before installing LyX (as we do for OSX).

I have also written this wiki page

     https://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/TeXLive

to help people install TeXLive and this page

     https://wiki.lyx.org/LaTeX/TeXLivePackages

to help people learn how to install packages. I'd appreciate it if
people could have a look and make whatever changes or additions seem
worth making. We could probably use, on one of those two pages, a quick
guide to updating the TeXLive packages using the GUI.

Soon, I am going to write small batch file that people can use to
install various packages that LyX might want. I'll link that off the
wiki, and probably include it in the Windows installer. I mean just the
file itself. Not running it as part of the installer.

Riki

Thanks. That will hopefully help many users. But maybe there is still a problem for non-English speakers?

Daniel