Le 12/09/2018 à 10:33, Daniel a écrit :
I understand that LyX needs some way to copy layouts from one place to another. However, I suggest that the layout is changed only if the whole paragraph is copied, i.e. only if I would copy "I am number one".

Note also that my suggestion is how Libre Writer works. And there is yet a further difference: it changes the layout only if the current layout is standard. I am not as sure about the latter feature but it might be worth changing this as well.

I would agree with both conditions actually (full paragraph and only for standard layout)

Note however that ms office does it a bit differently:
* the change only happens if the invisible character at the end of the paragraph is selected It is actually a bit difficult to select the whole paragraph without this element, due to I-am-smarter-than-you-are selection behavior.

* the change also happens when receiving paragraph layout is not standard

I think I prefer the libreoffice behavior, but I am not sure.

Finally, this should also probably be coupled with doing the right thing when putting a note around a paragraph: the layout should kep copied to the receiving paragraph, but also removed from the original paragraph.

Therefore I propose that in the case of a Cut operation, the layout is _moved_ to the new paragraph and the original one becomes default layout.