On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 09:32:49PM -1000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 04/11/2018 à 11:16, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > I see, sounds tricky. Perhaps we should leave things untouched? Would it
> > be complicated to allow for the multi-cell inset to decide what the
> > behavior is? I'm guessing this would be too complicated and is not the
> > best use of your time, but in case I'm wrong, if you implement the
> > general framework, I could take care of auditing all of the individual
> > insets and also poll lyx-users to see what is the most natural to all.
>
> Please try the attached and tell me if you like it.

For me it doesn't make much of a difference for the use case I
mentioned. I now get the attached screenshot with those steps. Either
with this patch or without this patch, I need to click (or move with
cursor) on the box above "=" to enter "def" to get my desired output.

> I think personally that it makes sense.

I trust whatever you think is best. I know nothing about the inner
workings of this.

Thanks for your work on it.

Scott