It still keeps annoying me that the already opened Serach & Replace dialog does not select all in the search field.

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10235

My usual workflow when searching is this:

1. Ctrl + F
2. Type search term and search
3. Realize that it might not be the right term
4. Ctrl + F
5. Type the new search term and search

However, in LyX this leads to the second search term being appended to the last one. This is different to the search function in other apps I tested.

I have suggested a fix but it was rejected as not going far enough. But I could not figure out how to address this properly.

I am also wondering whether I am the only one whose search workflow is this way? Is my workflow unusual?

Daniel