[[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)]

| Lars> I got this from a co-worker: "Innstallerte LyX fra CVS på ny
| Lars> maskin nå uten ~/.lyx katalog. Det ble ikke opprettet noen slik
| Lars> katalog, og preferences ble lagret på ~/ akkurat som på laptopen
| Lars> her."
|
| Lars> translated:
|
| Lars> "Installed LyX from CVS on a new computer just now without a
| Lars> ~/.lyx directory. This dir was not created, and preferences was
| Lars> saved in ~/ just as on my laptop."
|
| Lars> This is directly from 1.1.6 cvs. Jean-Marc, has any changes gone
| Lars> in that could result in something like this?
|
| What I can see is that, if you say "no" to the creation of .lyx, the
| lastfiles and preferences files are created in your home dir. What
| should we do about it? Not save anything?

Should I be asked? I'm not.

| LyX should maybe just tell that it is about to create .lyx, but not
| let the possibility to avoid it (other than kill).

What Lars forgot to mention, is that this fresh install was a test I
did (on another computer) after I discovered the file
preferences.xform, preferences and lastfiles in my home-dir. These
files suddenly appeared after a cvs update on my computer that has
been running LyX happily (on ~/.lyx) for months.

Further investigation shows that regardless of any ~/.lyx directory or
not, LyX still reads from and writes to these files in ~/ Tried both
an empty ~/.lyx and the "old" dir that worked before.

If still a mystery, please provide directions, and I'll try to help
figure this out.

--
                                                                  (o_
MVH                                                     (o_  (o_  //\