On 1/5/19 6:22 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> or
>>> Tested and works well.
>> I guess the question is just whether others think this is the right
>> approach. Unfortunately, we cannot use an empty string here....
>>
>> Riki
> Why can't we use an empty string?

Because an empty string is what triggers the warning that Scott
originally reported:

TextClass.cpp (1497): The layout does not provide a list command for the
float
`sidebar'. LyX will not be able to produce a float list.

I.e., an empty string might just mean that the user has forgotten to
define a list command. So what we need is something that explicitly
says, "There's no list command".

Riki