I switched the Outline pane to Equations recently and noted that there was a string of zeros as entries. A little experimenting showed that these entries corresponded to inline math symbols and expressions I had added in the current session. On closing the document and opening it again, the spurious entries vanished.

I've attached a screenshot for a (nearly) minimal example.

For the zeros to appear, it is necessary to enter the maths inset *first*, Ctrl+M, then type x or y in the inset, exit the inset and then click on it or another for the zeros to show. Typing x or y, selecting it and then converting to a maths inset, does not produce the zeros. Unlabelled display style equations don't produce zeros.

Andrew