On 13/9/19 9:23, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 13/09/2019 à 07:07, Daniel a écrit :
On 2019-09-04 16:30, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
I propose in the following patch to reset the outer layout to Plain if it only contains the newly insert inset.

It seems to me that my original example had some specific features that triggered a solution of which I don't think it solves the whole problem. This makes me wonder whether there is a superior solution to the whole problem or at least something additional that should be fixed.

Actually, your message prompted me to fix an issue that bugged for years, but it seems that I needed a little nudge.

Attached is an example very similar to the original. However, this time do not select the document's whole content but only from part of the section heading, e.g. "tion", to the end of the enumerate item.

The result (also represented in the document) is an enumerate item within a note with a font matching the section font. This looks odd to me. Rather the enumerate should have a normal font.

This is the same result as it always has been. There is no good solution in this case, so my patch does nothing. However, I doubt that this last example is a typical user workflow

Furthermore, I don't think it is something that would be typeset this way in any inset. In particular, other insets I tested, e.g. Footnote, Program Listing, don't share this "feature". But I couldn't figure out why they differ.

Let me say it again a last time:
Yes, I think it is of lesser importance because this is only an issue of display, not document contents. No, I did not touch that with my patch because I do not care much about it personally Yes, somebody should eventually change the display of notes, although it is only visual. No, I do not agree that all insets should do that, in particular it is good that Branches and Boxes inherit the font, because this is what happens on PDF output.

Did I answer all questions? ;)

Yes, but "let me say it again" in a strange way. ;)

Daniel