On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 09:38:10AM +0200, Timo Kluck wrote:
> Hi LyX developers,
>
> I just added a docker image for LyX to dockerhub:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/tkluck/lyx . It's just Ubuntu's packaged version,
> including TeX Live and inkscape, and it's intended use is to build exports
> from your LyX source reproducibly. For example, I have my thesis sources in
> a git repository, and I configured continuous integration on gitlab with
> this docker image.
>
> Hope that's useful for someone! If there's interest, I'd be happy to hand
> this over to a more official place, maybe
> https://hub.docker.com/u/lyxproject ?

We could at least reference this project from wiki.
I must however admit that I can't grasp fully from your description what
is exactly the goal&means of your project.

'Exports from lyx source' means export tex/pdf output from .lyx files?
'reproducibly' means you stick indefinitely to certain lyx version
and build environment (like gcc/qt/tex versions)?

It would be cool if we could get some flatpack fan to create the builds
for 2.x.final versions of lyx so we have chance to get these working
even in future.

Pavel