On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 09:25:21AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 13/09/2019 ?? 00:55, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
>>> We are sorely lacking daily builds for stable releases. If we knew how
>>> to automate these, that could be done by our CI tools. I have taken a
>>> look at the Ubuntu side of things, and ran away screaming. I do not
>>> have the time to invest in even understanding this thing. And daily
>>> build is one order of magnitude more difficulty. How can we find
>>> people who know how to get this up and running, at least when daily
>>> builds do not require manual intervention (we can afford some
>>> imperfectness here)?

I believe asking Liviu for exact recipy of how he did ubuntu daily builds
for master would lead to daily builds with stable rather easily...
Maybe he would even give us access to
https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/daily
if we had ubuntu machine where to compile the builds.

>> I take it you mean daily builds of RPMs or something of the sort? Or do
>> you mean something else? If it's just the tarball we want, then that
>> ought to be quite easy.
>
> I meant binaries. Even having 3 dedicated users using daily builds would
> help a lot to find bugs early, I think.

I think I could setup debian repo with daily builds with reasonable amount
of effort if I could get +3 people to promise they will actually use that...

Pavel