[please keep this discussion in the bug tracker]

Le 23/10/2019 à 15:34, Neal Becker a écrit :
How do you see latin9?

Go in the Code Preview pane and select preamble only. Here you will see that encoding is latin9.

In lyx the setting Document/settings/language/encoding is 'language default'.

Yes, this what "language default" does. The problem we have is that we have no way to know what is the bibtex file encoding.

I noticed that because I see a lot of encoding errors on the console. Does it help to set the document language to UTF8?

If I try export/LaTeX/luatex or export/LaTeX/pdflatex it crashes.
Haven't tried other varieties.
What other info is needed?  Do I need to supply the figures as well?

Can you get gdb to show the other threads? File export is multithreaded and it may be why your backtrace is not very helpful.

  If I open the .lyx file in emacs, the encoding says
U -- utf-8-unix (alias: mule-utf-8-unix cp65001-unix)

Yes, the .lyx file is always uncode. It is the latex file that matters here.

JMarc