Hi Scott,

Happy to propose a patch.

Couple of questions:

- Are both autotools and cmake build systems fully supported for lyx or is one
deprecated?
- Why was LYX_PREFIX_INSTALL introduced instead of using CMAKE_PREFIX_INSTALL?
- What does NLS stand for?
- Is the point of LYX_INSTALL is that for development, you don’t want to spend
the time building extra things?  If so, why wasn’t LYX_INSTALL the default and
have a flag for developers?

These are questions that cmake users might have and having answers to these in
INSTALL.cmake will help orient them with the lyx viewpoint of how cmake is
being used.

Best,

Vince