On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 07:36:37AM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 14.01.2020, 21:57 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> > -* The pplatex/dvipost program is no longer used.
> > +* The dependency on pplatex/dvipost was dropped.
>
> I don't think we ever declared that a "dependency" (I didn't find such
> a statement). And LyX could always be used perfectly well without
> pplatex/dvipost (if svipost wasn't found, ulem/xcolor was used for
> change tracking).

Well, right, we list it as an optional package and some distributions
have it as an optional dependency.

It looked safer to me to use somewhere the keyword dependency. The original
statement maybe technically more correct but seem to have higher chance of
being overlooked. Anyway I don't have strong opinion and can revert if you
wish.

Pavel