Am Fr., 6. März 2020 um 10:21 Uhr schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <
lasgout...@lyx.org>:

> What I would propose for this kind of problem is to bundle a portable
> version of imagemagick with LyX. I would expect that this does not
> require registry hacking.

Portable version would not need registry indeed. It contains a bunch of
stuff LyX does not need though and is therefore much bigger than the one we
are using now. Would you then also try looking through its files and see
what could be deleted? My first thought is that we could delete all of
those executables, which are the exact same size as "magick.exe", like
"convert.exe", "compare.exe" .... Wwe could delete "ffmpeg.exe" aswell,
because its not in the current dependencies. And we probably dont need
"IMDisplay.exe" and the "images" and "www" folders. Im not sure how much
Imagemagick and ghostscript LyX uses though.
I have just tried to remove those files and I get a total size of 16MB.
Conversion of images works, I have tried to convert pdf to eps, pdf to png,
eps to png. And if eps to png is all ghostscript is used for, then we could
also get rid of that and convert pdf directly to png. Or just dont deliver
ghostscript and leave it as it is sinse eps to png uses magick command
anyway.

Eugene