On 2020-04-30, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: quoted-printable --]

> Am Mittwoch, den 29.04.2020, 18:42 +0200 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
>> > Why would they need that?

>> To know whether they should output or no for different targets (tex
>> vs html).

> Hm. Job for a branch rather?

For convenience, we would want to have target-specific branches then:

One branch that is automatically active when the target format is HTML,

one branch that is automatically active when the target format is
PDF (LuaLaTeX),

one branch that is automatically active when the target format is
PDF (LuaLaTeX) or DVI (LuaTaTeX),

one branch that is automatically active when the target format is
PDF (LuaTaTeX), PDF (XeTeX), PDF (pdflatex), or PDF (dvips),

Maybe rather in form of a list of output formats where this branch is active.

Advantage: Works not only for ERT

Disadvantage: an additional wrapper (as opposed to an output format setting
to ERT or EBT (evil blue text) for HTML).

Günter