Hi, everyone,

We are beginning the process of moving towards the next major release of
LyX, which will be 2.4.0. Toward that end, we have prepared a 'testing'
release. Please note that this is very much for testing. We do not
necessarily recommend that anyone use it for daily work, although some
of us do. (Be aware that you may have to deal with some bugs and that
files edited with 2.4.x cannot be opened in 2.3.x without being exported
to that format.)

Both source code and binaries for Windows and OSX can be found here:

    http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/

Binaries for various Linux distros may or may not be available from
their associated repositories. (But, if you are on Linux, you should not
have too much trouble compiling the source. If you need help, just ask.)

We will greatly appreciate any reports on how well these packages work!
You can post comments either to lyx-users or to lyx-devel.

Riki