LyX 2.4.0 testing, windows 10

Checking  Use Hyperref Support stalls display of previews on my system. I've attached two simple documents showing the effect. In 2.3.5.2 the formation of previews is not stalled, but it is slowed. My (no doubt naive ) notion is that hyperref and preview should have nothing to do with each other.

Looking at what's going on in the Temp directory, with hyperref ON a pdf is formed of all previews in the document. After a while in 2.3.5.2 the individual png-s are then formed of each preview and which then get displayed. In 2.4.0 the pdf of all previews is formed but not the individual png-s. In both cases the log shows entries like

Preview: Snippet 1 455554 225995 2313809
[1
Non-PDF special ignored!
<special> ps::clippath fill

for each preview. With hyperref OFF no pdf is formed and each preview generates a log entry like

Preview: Snippet 1 4634698 235932 22609920

Andrew