LyX 2.4.0 testing release, windows 10

In the dialogue resulting from Insert > Table, when I drag the cursor diagonally from top left, the number of rows and columns generated is about two more than the actual cursor position (see the attachment). It takes some fiddling around to get the desired number of rows and columns (reminded me somehow of steering a car from the rear seat). Double clicking on a cell in the table grid to try to pin the rows and columns down exactly is similarly inaccurate.

Otherwise, apart from an initial difficulty with previews not displaying, LyX 2.4  seems increasingly like a significant advance on the 2.3 series. It feels 'crisper', and has behaved stably with a number of complex documents.

Andrew