On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 5:13:48 PM WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I've built tarballs for LyX 2.4.0-alpha1 and placed them here:
>
> http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>
> Please prepare binaries. Sorry for doing this right on top of 2.3.6.1,
> but it seemed worth doing while I had a few moments!
>
> Further info to come on moves toward 2.4.0.
>
> Riki

I have updated the package in Fedora's copr:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jamatos/lyx-devel/

There is just one note in here.
I tried to compile the code using RHEL 7 that ships with gcc 4.8.5 and
naturally the compilation fails here:

insets/InsetListings.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
lyx::InsetListings::latex(lyx::otexstream&, const lyx::OutputParams&) const':
insets/InsetListings.cpp:230:31: error: 'strlen' was not declared in this scope
    start += strlen("language=");

That is OK. The reason why I am bringing this is that I would have expected for
configure to complain about a non-supported gcc version.
Should configure or cmake BTW complain about an ancient version of the compiler?

Best regards,
--
José Abílio