Hi everybody,

a few days ago I posted this message on lyx-users but was told that this
list might be the better place for it. Here goes:

a few months ago (November, I think?) somebody raised the question of LyX
on Apple Silicon, how and whether it would run. As I've been using a LyX
version that I've compiled from source (with a feature included by Jürgen
Spitzmüller that's so far only in master - thanks again!), I was anxious to
find out whether LyX would compile for arm64. Long story short: It does!

I had to fiddle with the Mac development release script a bit to get it to
run on Big Sur, but no major problems there either.

If I can be of any help in testing or during the release process, just
let me know! I'd be very happy to help.

The last sentence stands: If I can be of any help in testing LyX on Apple
Silicon or even in preparing a universal binary for release or anything
like that, just me know!

Best regards,
Marcus