On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 02:32:55PM +0200, Rasmus K. Rendsvig wrote:
> Hi LyX devs,
>
> I tried asking this on the users' list a few weeks ago, but perhaps I
> should have asked here instead:
>
> I find that the underlining of added text when tracking changes is a bit
> distracting. I would like to disable just the underlining.
>
> Is there any way I can do that? I will happily attempt to edit the source
> and compile myself.
>
> Kind regards,
> Rasmus

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks for following up and sorry you didn't get a response on lyx-users.

In LyX 2.4.0 (not yet released), there will be a preference to control whether
added text is underlined in LyX's display. You can see how it will look in the
attached screenshot.

In case you're curious, here was the feature request that was implemented:
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10102

If this issue is annoying enough that you would like to test a pre-release of
2.4.0, we can give you information on that. The main problem is that any LyX
file you save with a 2.4.0 pre-release could not be opened in LyX 2.3.x,
meaning that if you are working with someone else, they would also have to use
a 2.4.0 pre-release. So it's best to wait until 2.4.0 is officially released if
you can.

Best,
Scott