Dear Doug,

I am sorry if what you are describing is a more complex issue then I what I
hear it to be, but did you try changing the zoom level in the pdf viewer
itself?

Try e.g. pressing the Ctrl and the + keys simultaneously, or holding Ctrl
while scrolling up on your mouse wheel, or clicking the field that says
56.7% and see if you can change it there.

Kind regards,
Rasmus