Le 07/10/2021 à 04:30, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
Nice! Thanks for working on this. This piques my curiosity about what other
cache levers can be adjusted. I really like that Okular (see attachment) let's
me control the tradeoff between memory usage and performance. For example, in
LyX, is it possible to load everything so that when I scroll fewer things (like
previews) are computed on-the-fly?

There are 3 tunable caches:
1. string widths
2. string break location for a goven width (with multiple breaks in brerows branch) 3. QTextLayout objects, which are used for drawing a row element or computing cursor poition (or placing spellcheck marks)

We could indeed expose them.