On 12/17/21 09:25, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 16/12/2021 à 16:39, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

This patch allows to enforce the use of of a backing store for display. This has no effect for Wayland and macOS, when backing store is always on.

The main use for it is x11 with a window manager theme with translucent windows (KDE)
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12119

At this point, there is no UI for this, because I think this is a niche case. I would be open to the idea of adding a checkbox somewhere.

The reworked patch is now in master, along with a new checkbox for X11 and Windows users.

I would be grateful of a KDE/X11 user could try to install a translucid windows theme like Layan and check
1/ that it creates display issues
2/ that the new checkbox in Preferences|Display fixes it (at the cost of losing subpixel aliasing).

This is candidate for 2.3.7 (by default it does nothing).

I can't test, unfortunately, but it's fine for 2.3.x if someone else can.

Riki