On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 11:32:49AM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mon, 27 Dec 2021 10:41:49 +0100
> schrieb Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>:

> > > That was a good guess! With the attached change the message does not
> > > appear anymore.
> >
> > Apart from that error message is there some functional problem for LyX?
>
> Not that I am aware of. It manifests only at runtime with sanitize + clang ...

Neither am I.

> > Otherwise I would leave things as they are, it's not our code and sooner
> > or later someone will report this to libc maintainers.
>
> I think it is unlikely (who else is using sanitize + clang with this code?)

Me, but I'm not planning to report either.

> > (Or it could be
> > you? :)
>
> :(
>
> > Or add a comment once we forget...
>
> Maybe some native English speaker would fit here better.

A comment in LyX's code? Something just like the following?

  // Using Clang and fsanitize suggests there is an issue here but we do
  // not understand the code enough to change it and we are not aware of
  // how to trigger a crash or other issue while using LyX, so we leave
  // it as is. For ML discussion, see here:
  //
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=20211227113249.53bf5a63%40admin1-desktop

Scott