On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 1:10 PM Baris Erkus <bariser...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 01-Jan-22 11:02 PM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>

> On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 12:54 PM Baris Erkus <bariser...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 01-Jan-22 8:24 PM, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 10:05 AM Baris Erkus <bariser...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> able

>>> Both commands did not work. :(
>>>
>>> I've had issues cloning from git.lyx.org, so I setup a mirror at
>> https://gitlab.com/jkulesza/lyx (git clone
>> https://gitlab.com/jkulesza/lyx.git).
>>
>> I have cloned the source from another mirror on Github, and was able to
>> compile it, so it is OK for now.
>>
>> I just wanted to use the original git repo. The git error is below:
>>
>> fatal: repository 'https://git.lyx.org/lyx.git/' not found
>>
>> I am sure it is trivial but could not catch it.
>>
> What happens if the trailing slash is removed?
>
> - Joel
>
> Does not work. I have tried this. Also tried removing the trailing lyx or
> lyx.git completely.
>
> The git error tells me that git is converting the "git://" protocol to "
> http://"; protocol. The addresses "https://git.lyx.org/lyx.git/"; and
> "https://git.lyx.org/lyx/"; <https://git.lyx.org/lyx/> whether with
> trailing slash or not, do not work on my web browser, so they are indeed
> inaccessible.
>
> Maybe something related to git and the address being anonymous....

I would not expect these addresses to work in a web browser.  To view the
website related to this hosting service, you can visit https://git.lyx.org.
To clone the repository, one should be able to use `git clone git://
git.lyx.org/lyx`, though this latter step is what I've had trouble with.

Hope these thoughts help.

Thanks,
Joel