>>> "SK" == Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 06:31:17PM +0100, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Are there any plans that lyx could interact with git (or even
>> mercurial), and could even push and pull to a server, say bitbucket or
>> github or helix. That would be great for collaboration.

> Hi Uwe,

> We do have some basic version control support (including Git, but I
> don't think Mercurial).

Thanks. I am currently running lyx 2.3.6.1 as shipped within Ubuntu 16.04 (and
cannot upgrade right due to a python problem I would face with other software I
need).

When I register a file no version control system is offered and I learned lyx
chose RCS (which I used for a long time and it is ok for a single file
approach, but not suited for a multi file approach, nor can I push and have
decent branching)

So in short where do I set up the VC system? I can't find anything in the
configuration.

BTW pity with mercurial since it is the better VC 😉

I most interested to use it for collaboration via a server (a lot of my
students use now overleaf for that purpose (and not having to install a lot of
software)).

Uwe