On 2022-05-24 23:53, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
(LyX 2.4.0-alpha3 on windows 10)

If I copy text containing a label (e.g. of an equation) and paste into a (yellow) Note, the label is pasted unchanged. There is no warning message about the label being changed to label-1. The label in the Note can be referenced from within the Note or from within another Note, but not from the text which gives a BROKEN Ref message. I've just tried with LyX 2.3.5, and this is a regression.

Andrew

I can reproduce. I guess a question is what would be the best thing to do here. What is the exact issue with how it is in LyX 2.4.0dev? What would be a better way? Renaming? Showing as "Duplicate"? What is your use case?

That the reference is marked as BROKEN when referenced from outside of the Note seems right, or?

Daniel