On Mon, 2022-08-01 at 08:59 +0200, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> What is the recommended download place and -way for the latest
> lyx 2.4.0 dev
>
> Wolfgang

I have not looked into this issue for some time so my memory is fuzzy.
Actually I have been dealing with fuzzy measures but that is another
issue. :-D

Is there are any script take takes the repository and outputs a source
release (like a tar ball gzip or xz)?

This script does not need to be perfect, like doing all the manual
steps and checks that we do for an actual release.

My purpose is to answer questions like this. To have a continuous
integration step. My purpose is also to build this using copr in Fedora
(the equivalent of ppa for Ubuntu). And to allow this package to bu
updated automatically.

This would allow us to have a large audience to test installation,
avoiding to clutter system when testing system installs.

Best regards,
--
José Abílio