Le 16/09/2022 à 19:54, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
I have an xps 13 9300, and I see the same. The issue is that the X11 (and
Wayland?) think that the screen is 50cm wide (ask xpdyinfo about it), so
that the dpi is supposed to be 96 instead of the actual 168.

This does not happen with all monitors though. This is what makes zoom
issues difficult to handle.

Ah that is good to know. In that case, seems to make sense to leave
things as is until the root (non-LyX) issues get addressed.

What happens here is that the screen DPI that we use is the logical DPI, which is in X11, macOS and maybe Windows 96 dpi. The physical DPI can also be obtained, and it is correct even on the XPS 13.

More details on why our definition of DPI fluctuated recently are there:
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12132
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12222

See in particular this explanation of various DPIs:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16561879/what-is-the-difference-between-logicaldpix-and-physicaldpix-in-qt

I am not sure where to go from there. The macOS solution is to set the default zoom level to physical/logical*100 =~ 150% (see different thread from racoon). We could do that.

Other ideas?