Le 10/01/2023 à 03:42, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
The attached patch works around an AMS book unicode issue, as discussed here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/671116/how-to-find-and-fix-the-origin-of-invalid-unicode-character-generated-by-lyx

Disadvantage of the workaround is the added dependency, textcase.sty, which is
not needed for AMS book documents without unicode. If this is a problem, I
suppose we could add a new layout flag that, if activated, loads textcase if
there is unicode.

Attached is an example .lyx file that does not compile without the patch and
does compile with the patch.

Thoughts?

Since this is not needed with latest LaTeX, I'd suggest maybe a "Requires makeuppercase" that triggers code checking whether textcase.sty may be needed. (we can do that, right?)

Is this only an amsbook issue? What about book.cls?

By the way, should the "amsbook" dependency in \DeclareLaTeXClass be there
regardless of this patch?

AFAIR, this is the default when no dependency is given (require layoutname.cls)