On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 01:00:55PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 29/09/2023 à 13:55, Christoph Schmitz a écrit :
Hi all,

I have been compiling LyX for a while now. A few weeks ago, I encountered a
problem where LyX could no longer be compiled. I didn't report this issue at
the time because I was using a beta version of macOS. However, now that macOS
Sonoma has been officially released and the error still persists, I want to

I am running macOS Sonoma 14.0 (23A344) on a 2018 13" MacBook Pro (2,7 GHz
Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB, 16 GB 2133 MHz
LPDDR3). Qt is installed via homebrew. The current version of Qt is 6.5.1.

I have enclosed the log file, which includes the ./configure command I use.

Best,
Chris

Enrico, I see:

checking for qmake6... qmake6
checking for Qt6... Detected locale "C" with character encoding "UTF-8", which is not UTF-8.
Qt depends on a UTF-8 locale, and has switched to "UTF-8" instead.
If this causes problems, reconfigure your locale. See the locale(1) manual
for more information.
Detected locale "C" with character encoding "UTF-8", which is not UTF-8.
Qt depends on a UTF-8 locale, and has switched to "UTF-8" instead.
If this causes problems, reconfigure your locale. See the locale(1) manual
for more information.
make: /var/folders/vd/n6dz3xp169x77gq_6dzn5mbw0000gn/T/tmp.7Mn108Knub/Makefile: No such file or directory

I do not know whether the locale thing is important, but it seems that qmake does not work.

The locale thing is not relevant and this seems to be the same problem solved by commit 76670a6a.

Christoph, are you sure you are using the last git checkout?
If yes, please, save the attached file (test.pro) to an empty directory and then report any message you get from running the following command:

qmake6 test.pro

Also, report whether you get a Makefile, please.

--
Enrico
QMAKE_EXTRA_VARIABLES = MISSING