On Tue, 2023-01-10 at 11:36 +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This LyX 1.0 file from Patrick is not readable with current versions.
> Experiments show that lyx2lyx first complains about a malformed file
> when converting to LyX 1.4.
>
> I do not know how to go further, though.
>
> Ideas?
>
> JMarc

For some reason it seems that I left this unanswered. :-(

The original files seems to be really truncated. If you look into a
file from that time all of them end with...

\the_end

That is what the conversion step in 1.4 is complaining about.

This files does not have that and so I assume that the problem comes
from the time when the file was saved.

I can recover what is there but that needs to be done by hand.

PS: I noticed this thread when comparing the time spent by lyx2lyx
based on the Python version used. In this case the result was
converting the 2.3 User Guide to the 2.4 file format.

Basically the last versions of python (3.11 and 3.12) run ~ 8 times
faster than with python 2.7.
--
José Abílio